Child Support Modification

Either party may bring a motion to adjust child support every two years based upon a change of income.  There may be a basis to modify child support prior within two years if there is a substantial change in circumstances, including a substantial change in income.  If you have concerns regarding your child support order and would like to have it reviewed by an attorney, call or email us to arrange a consultation.


Can a parent be ordered to pay their child’s college expenses?

Yes, parents can be ordered to pay their child’s college expenses such as tuition, room and board, books, and other expenses.  If post-secondary/college expenses are reserved or not ordered in your child support order and you would like to seek a contribution from the other parent, it is important to contact an attorney prior to the child support order terminating.  We can also help you if the other parent is seeking to make you responsible for college expenses.